Thanks for your patience as I work on the next Yuffie update. It seems I have a considerable backlog of unfinished projects:
1) The second patreon lottery prize! Yes, the second prize winner has been chosen, notified, and has let me know what he wants me to do for his prize! Turns out the original winner never claimed his or her prize, so there was a considerable delay in moving forward with this. I'm thinking of making a rule that says if you win and I don't hear from you in, like, 5 business days, then another name will be drawn. Does that sound fair?
2) I've been commissioned! This should be a fun drawing that I hope you will enjoy too. Those who have been following me know that I'm never "officially" open for commissions or requests, but I always accept queries for both. If I like your idea, we can talk over any details. Considering that I really want to make progress on Yuffie, I won't likely be doing any more of either commissions or requests for some time. But I always love hearing from you guys and talking over ideas, even if I'm unable to execute them.
3) Yuffie! After the two items above are completed, I will dive head first into Yuffie pages. Sorry for the delay on these! Real life stuff often crops up and needs to be dealt with, etc etc. That's exactly why I accept support on patreon per PAGE and not per month, because I would feel horrible if people were giving me cash every month if I didn't do anything that month. But that brings up the question--do you think that asking for monthly support would make more sense than asking for support per page? I'm open to changing the format if it makes more sense to everyone.
4) TCC! I occasionally get questions about The Crystal Conspiracy. It is currently on hold until other comic projects get finished. Awhile back I had a poll about what comic I should work on after Yuffie, and TCC was one of the choices, but it didn't seem like there was much interest. Maybe this was because people weren't as familiar with it? Not sure. In any case, the majority of the votes went to...
5) The Jocelyn Comic! This is in line to be my next comic project after Yuffie. I held a poll, and a re-creation of Jocelyn's story in comic form was the winner by a small margin over a comic that would continue Jocelyn's story from where it left off (instead of re-creating the existing story in comic form). Of course, if you all demand a recount, that can be arranged. It has been awhile, after all. What do you think? Should I hold another vote for the comic that will be next in line?
6) Gaining Experience! Some folks really liked this idea, but it will be on hold at least until Yuffie is finished. That is, unless you win a patreon lottery and request that I give this some attention.
7) Chair Diary! There was some concern about whether this should have been started, given how many projects I already have in the mix. Not to worry! This little diversion is only an 8-part sequence, and I promise I will only work on it between projects when I hit a creative lull and need some variety. I do hope that it will be a good little "bonus" to the existing patreon rewards, though. By the way, you only have to make good on a $1/page pledge in order to get the whole thing (when it's finished). So if you haven't already, and you want to see the entirety of this sequence, it's not too late to sign up: www.patreon.com/hisano_x
What do you think about this idea:
I love the idea of having more interaction with my patreon supporters. So I've been bouncing around thoughts about how we can make that happen.
What I've come up with is essentially a "choose your own adventure," where patrons get to vote on most aspects of the story. Ideally, I would have at most an equal amount of input into the tale as you would as a patron. You would be able to decide things like:
-Who the character is (gender, profession, background, personality)
-What the setting is (modern, fantasy, sci-fi, historical)
-What the character does (who he/she meets, where he/she goes, etc)
The items above, and other aspects of the story, would be put to vote on my patreon page. For instance, the story might begin with a simple character profile. One by one, we would complete each piece of the profile together until the character is complete. Then the story would begin, and you would be able to decide what the character does by voting. I could either provide a few options, or people could submit suggestions via comments and I would choose a comment at random.
The end result might not make any sense, but it would probably be amusing, and I think the journey there would be a hell of a lot of fun.
The drawing style would be simplified. I would go for quantity over quality in order for us to keep a good pace going, to encourage more interaction, and to make sure that this wouldn't get in the way of the main projects. It would probably end up being a quick sketch a day.
If you are a patron, is this something you would be interested in doing?
If you aren't a patron, would this encourage you to become one?
So many questions! o.o
P.S. Do you miss my "What should I draw next?" posts? Should I continue them? ^v^